Sunday, August 10, 2014

New York City: Day Six

Well, originally we were going to bike around Central Park in the morning, but everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.
{Or, you know, we missed a bus}
In the end we went to the Discovery Museum on Times Square, and although te Lego exhibit my baby brother insisted on going into was decent, I'm convinced that the Avengers exhibit would have been much, much cooler. (They charge you thirty dollars for a ticket but only let you so one exhibit??? I mean we have city passes but what)


As a form of revenge (?) I took no photographs of the Lego art but snapped one of the Captain America prop shield displayed in front of the gift shop. Good enough.

To kill time before the show, we explored a weekend flea market we found nearby! I bought a nice dress and a pair of shorts, and also grabbed a book {Song of the Lioness by Tamora Pierce} which has already proven to be a great comfort on the subway and bus. {I mean, I swear, I resisted when it came to actually hauling books along with me, but I'm fairly certain that at this point I'll die if I don't hold a physical book in my hands like 5 times a day.}


Of course, after that we went to see the musical Wicked at the Gershwin theatre, which was amazing!! I've essentially been listening to the OC recordings since elementary school, and it's been a big bucketlost goal of mine to watch the show on Broadway. The cast gave an awesome performance, and it was just really cool man. Really cool. 



For dinner we went to a little Japanese place a couple of blocks away and had this amazing meal. The ramen was seriously huge?!! We kind of overate and I'm still feeling sluggish but ah well. Totally worth it.

To round off the day, we went to Dyaln's Candy Bar (near Central Park.) I didn't get much, because wow, expensive??? But my brother got a jar full so I'm going to rob him while he sleeps.

That's all for today loves! See you soon. :)

♥ The Sweater Giraffe 

No comments:

Post a Comment