Sunday, August 17, 2014

| New York City: Aftermath |


Alright, so Day Nine's post is facing some issues, but it's been a few days since our return from New York City, and I thought I might as well reminisce.

The entire reason I traveled the city was because of – well, my interest in attending university there. If you've been following this blog, you probably know that I visited two prospective universities – Columbia and NYU. I'm still primarily interested in NYU, mostly because I'm too terrible at basic brain functions like calculus to even consider applying to an Ivy League school. But during the campus tour and introduction to NYU, I decided that it was my dream school. {Was it the study abroad programs? It was probably the study abroad programs.}

Now, New York City as a whole is an incredible place – in some ways, I'd consider it to be a chameleon city. One moment you're in Times Square, surrounded by tourists and glowing billboards attached to hundred-story buildings, and the next you're in Central Park, jogging down a quiet path, alone, with trees on all sides and maybe like a bench dedicated to someone's cousin Stacy. 

The sheer amount of things to do in New York City is highly impressive. I mean, I'm from the suburbs, man. You get to choose one of five things to do for fun, and four of those five things are school-related.  In New York, you have the amazing art scene, various museums, thousands of restaurants – heck, if you just walk a block down the street you'll find about twenty bookstores, markets, and clothing stores. It's a city full of opportunity, and that doesn't just include jobs – it also includes the opportunity to meet people, try new things, and have an amazing adventure or two. I feel like I would never be able to properly make a list with the title of 'Things to Do in New York City.' There's just too much. In ten days, there's no way I even managed to get to half of what there is to experience in the city, but you know what? That's okay. I'm coming back.

Was New York City exactly how I imagined it to be? Of course not! {Actually, it was considerably less dangerous than I had expected.} Either way, I got to experience one of the greatest cities in the world firsthand. And it was awesome. 

♥ The Sweater Giraffe 

No comments:

Post a Comment