Monday, August 11, 2014

New York City: Day Seven

Well, we've officially been in NYC for a week! Today we went out fairly early and spent a few hours in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, fully intending to leave early to get tickets for a ship ride or something. In the end, we miscalculated the popularity of the tickets and didn't even get through a full floor of exhibits at the Met, but I still grabbed some great shots!

I feel so artistic. The tourist at the bottom really brings the composition together, y'know?


To kill time, we walked around a bit—first destination being the underside of the Brooklyn Bridge.


We also saw a good chunk of Chinatown and part of Little Italy. I grabbed a lovely, refreshing green tea milk boba drink, and we got a bag of 'Hong Kong cakes' from a street vendor, which were very cheap, very small, very delicious, and very not-pictured-below.


In the end, because of the boat's betrayal, we went home way early and ate food and I tumblr'd. Schedules and plans keep changing, but I feel like that's what's making the experience more unique and fun. {I was kind of adverse to having such a strict schedule at all to start with, but it was my mother's idea and my mother's money so.}

♥ The Sweater Giraffe 

No comments:

Post a Comment